Have you ever get “Can’t connect to this network Windows 10 wifi” message while trying to establish internet connection. This is a big problem, and in this tutorial I will share you a few solutions to solve this issue.
How To Fix Can’t Connect To This Network Windows 10 Wifi?
Fix – Windows 10 Can’t Connect To This Network
Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall network adapter Windows 10
If Windows 10 wifi can’t connect to this network, I recommend you should delete network adapter windows 10 and allow Windows 10 to setup them again. You can do that follow
- First, you press Windows Key + X then select Device Manager from the list.
- Then you need to find your network adapter windows 10 and right click it.
- At this step, you select Uninstall to delete network adapter windows 10.
- Finally, you restart your PC and Windows 10 will automatically install the new driver.
Solution 2: Update the drivers for your wireless network adapter
Sometimes problems with network wifi are caused by outdated driver, and in order to fix can’t connect to this network Windows 10 wifi, you’ll need to update drivers for
wireless network adapter. To do this I recommend you to use this driver updater tool (100% secure and tested by my PC). This tool does it automatically.
Solution 3: Change wifi channel width
Can’t connect to this network Windows 10 wifi message sometimes appears if the channel width wifi isn’t set properly. Now I will guide you how to change wifi channel width step by step
- First of all, you press Windows Key + S, an type network. Then you select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- When Network and Sharing Center appears, you select the Change adapter settings.
- You need to find your wireless adapter and right click it. Select Properties from the menu.
- When Properties window appears, you go to Advanced tab.
- At this step, you choose the 802.11 channel width and change the value. Many users have recommended that changing the value to 20 MHz has fixed the error for them.
- Finally, you click OK to save the changes.
Solution 4: Disable IPv6 on your computer
To fix can’t connect to this network Windows 10 wifi error, sometimes you must to disable IPv6 network protocol. I will guide you how to disable ipv6 in Windows 10 steps
- First of all, you open Network and Sharing Center.
- Locate the Connections section and select your current connection.
- When Connection status window opens, you select the Properties button.
- You locate Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6) and uncheck it.
- Click OK button to save the changes.
- Restart your PC.
Solution 5: Use ipconfig /release command
If Windows 10 wifi can’t connect to this network message is preventing you from accessing internet, you can also to fix it by using the Command Prompt. I will guide you how to use ipconfig /release command to do that
- Press Windows Key + X and from the list click Command Prompt (Admin).
- When Command Prompt opens, you type the the following lines and after each line press Enter to launch it:
- Finally, you quit Command Prompt and try to connect to the network again.
Solution 6: Disable and enable your wifi connection
In order to fix can’t connect to this network windows 10 wifi error, sometimes you just need to disable and enable your wifi connection. To do that, you follow these steps:
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Find your wifi connection, then right click it and select Disable.
- Right click the same connection again and click Enable.
Solution 7: Forget the wireless network connection
If you’re having can’t connect to this network windows 10 error, sometimes wireless network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Windows 10. In order to fix this problem, you need to “forget” your wireless connection. To this do, you follow these steps in Windows 10:
- First of all, you open Settings App and navigate to Network & Internet.
- Click Wi-Fi section, then select Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Scroll down to the Manage known networks, click your Wireless network and select Forget.
- Finally, setting up the same your wireless network connection again.
Solution 8: Change the wireless network mode b or g
In most cases 802.11g or (802.11b) usually work better. To change the wireless network mode b or g on your computer, you follow these steps:
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings, then find your wireless network adapter, right click it and select Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window appears, you click the Configure button.
- Under Advanced tab and you click Wireless mode from the list.
- Now you will change the value of wireless network mode 802.11b or 802.11g.
Solution 9: Create a New network connection in Windows 10
To solve can’t connect to this network windows 10 wifi error, sometimes you need create a new network connection. To do this in Windows 10, follow these steps
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Then you select Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network and select Next.
- Now you type the requested information such as wifi network name, wifi network password and security type.
- You select Next to save the process.
If the problem persists, go to the Solution 10.
Solution 10: Change network adapter
If all solutions don’t work, I recommend you should change network adapter. Because some network adapter aren’t compatible with Windows 10 (USB WiFi), in this case you must to replace a newer model.
If you have any problems, just comment below and give me your email, I will guide you step by step how to fix Can’t Connect To This Network Windows 10 Wifi. Thank you for reading! Can we please hit likes and share on this article?